TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I knows this is a Tbird forum, but am seeking educated help about cadillacs... First anyone know any good forum with good information concerning the Eldorado? Second can someone give me a run down of the lines Seville, De Ville, and Eldorado? Is that Eldorado rear wheel drive? I am tired of looking for a Mark so I am expanding my search into other vehicles... I think the Eldorado is very close to the Mark in styling and power and comfort, all of which I am after... Ohh I know, buy ford, jordan...

Sam

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I am having difficulty finding a good forum for cadillacs, anyone know of one?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Shadow, I had seen that one. Not much info on it though, at least the kind i am looking for. I actually found one, cadillacforums.com found it by guessing at the name... not a bad site just stupidly arranged... I never realized how good of a site TCCoA truly is until i started looking at forums for other cars...

Sam

·
Registered
286 Posts
slayer said:
I never realized how good of a site TCCoA truly is until i started looking at forums for other cars...

Sam
as good as this site is, you cant compare. just look at the type of car forum you are looking for. an eldorado is not popular enough to "mod" so the forums will be small. get a car like a mustang, probe, zx2, supra, the list goes on for these cars... there forums are huge like this one.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I learned Saturday that newer Cadillacs have the starter under the intake. Well, that's what this mechanic told us. I was helping my friend dig out a plastic fitting that had broken off in his engine. I got some of it out, but it was taking too long so we decided to find someone with air tools, a drill, and a dremmel[sic]. He had that thing out of there and the replacement metal fitting in no time and only charged my friend $20. During that time is when he told us the story of the Cadillac he worked on where he couldn't find the starter.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not afraid of having to learn a new engine.... Yes I am looking at the northstar.. The 4.6L 32V 300 hp Northstar... I don't care who makes the car as long as I am comfortable in it. I have been looking for a Mark VIII for awhile now and can't find one with the accessories I want for a reasonable price. Everyone who has one seems to think that selling as a private party the Retail value should be charged... Cadillac owners seem to realize that the value of the car for private party sales is the private party value... Mark owners seem to think that because they are no longer made that it is something special, so I am expanding my search.

Ohh and dirtyd0g I did see that thread and PM'ed him a couple days ago about it, thank you.

Bagged90sc - I have looked forums for camaros, supras, and quite a few others. I just like the layout of this forum, it is very concise and easy to navigate, and the colors aren't obnoxious...

Anyways the cars I am expanding my search to include are:

Mark VIII
Caddy Eldorado
Olds Aurora
Pontiac Bonneville
Mitsu Diamante.

Anyone think of any other cars that might fit in that group?

Sam

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Mitsu NO. After the tranny failed for a third time in less than 20,000 miles I gave up on that company and bought a Thunderbird.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was it a Diamante? I owned a '99 back in 2000 and put 22k miles on it before I traded it in... Didn't have a problem with it except it didn't like snow or ice very much...

Sam

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
It was the Galant Sigma with the 3.0 V6. (Then became just the Sigma, then the Diamante Sigma etc.) I don't know if it's just the 3.0 V6's but the V6 3000GT's and Stealths have the same exact problem, and so do the V6 Caravans.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That i didn't know about, thanx for the heads up... Any good ways of checking the tranny?

Sam

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Well every time mine started to fail if you put it in 1 it would slip like crazy but leaving it in drive would work until it got to 3rd and then it would start to slip. I didn't have a board to go check for troubleshooting, the 3g forums should be able to help with things to check though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
All you need to know is that the STS and DTS are 4 door, the El Darito is 2 door and they are all FWD with 32v northstars (DOHC 4.6 with apx 280-300 hp)

Now, these cars are cool in my book, I like the 2 door but I would way rather have a late model MK8 LSC anyday of the week! Think about it... Its kinda like the El whatever... both are 2 door and kinda bad arsed looking big cars... Both have DOHC 4.6's that make near 300 HP... but the Mark is RWD!!! I bet it's a tad (vary small amout) faster and I'm sure being RWD it handles better!

Just my opinion... but like I said... I still like the STS and El Doritos!

Jake

1 - 17 of 17 Posts