TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side window of my '93 Cougar has stopped working. When I hit the switch up or down, I can hear the motor working just fine, but I get nothing. I can pull the window up or down by hand, but that isn't cuttin it. I am thinking that it is the plastic gear on the window motor that is stripped out. Does anyone know how to 1) take the window motor out of the door. 2) change the gear in the motor? I've seen the motor in the lower middle part of the door, but I didn't try to get it out that day because I was working on something else. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you can hear the motor turning it's not the motor... There's a little junk plastic gear set (designed to fail) that needs to be replaced. It's simple to do just remember to lock your window in the up position with a couple of 2x2s front and back before you take the three bolts out of the motor assymbly. That window coming slamming down on your arm is NO FUN!!!! Don't think that cause you pulled it up and it's staying that it will when the motor is pulled...

I got the parts from AutoZone I think, it may have been Discount Auto parts..

RJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts