TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a new hood and watch to paint match. You can see why:

Thanks, it's a 91.

·
Registered
935 Posts
here's some help.

Alright first off it's on your door jam and it's only 2 #'s or letters long so it's not like most of makes that have ones with 5-7 letter and numbers.

my guess is that its either going to be MK, MD, MB

If you look on the door you might find one of these. For a complete list of all the colors check it out here http://www.tccoa.com/articles/exterior/paintcodes.html this is under the tech articles.

·
Registered
708 Posts
blend....

With the age of your cars paint, the paint code isnt as important as the alternate shades that are avaliable. A body shop can look up your code and there will probably be several different shades he can mix it as. he can check it to the actual car and come up with the right color. Most cars I paint dont get the standard color, they get an alternate. Also make sure the fenders get blended, or it will look horrible. Never drop off a hood and ask them to paint it. Its worth the money to have them cut-in the underside, install it, then color the hood, and blend the fenders. And DO NOT let them use single stage or you will be dissapointed.
Any Q's just ask

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Modbird, I am just trying to get a replacement hood that looks good for a cheap price. I am seriously thinking of selling the bird and I can get more if the hood doesn't have a huge dent in it. What would be the cheapest way of going about this? What you mentioned sounds like a lot of money. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts