TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into an accident on 495 today. A piece of wood was in the highway (big, like 4" thick!!). There were too many cars around to completely avoid it. So front left hit and it threw me out of control. I went off the road to avoid hitting other cars. On the way off the road I slammed into a mile marker sign, that's what did most of the damage. The sign snapped in half and the bottom tore up underneith, and the top half came down like an ax on my front window and cut up my dashboard.
I'm fine, the car is doing alright but could be better, it's not drivable for now.

I'm looking to buy a mark viii that has a bad motor or trans or something, or rear end damage. I need to replace the dash, radiator, a/c condensor, trans cooler, grille, and some other various front end pieces that got bent. I know there is a yard around boston that has a few marks, but does anyone know where I can get a while car? I think it's the best route to go, get something for 500-1000 depending on the shape and use what I need then sell anything else that is good. If anyone as seen or has any ideas where to look let me know, I need to start taking care of this VERY soon!! HELP HELP PLEASE!!!! :eek: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
you might want to do a search on car-part.com and look for some of the parts you are lookin for. Then contact the local junkyards that have those parts and ask if they still have the complete cars on their lot.

glad to hear you are alright... offroading on the highway is no fun

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, it was go off the road or possibly under a big rig..........the median looked like a MUCH better option!!

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
I hear ya... I did some off roading on 75 in Florida one year... was going north at a good clip (read 80+) in the passing lane (not passing very much) and all of a sudden I see a tire carcas in the middle of the lane... I had to either hit it or go off into the median...

Man, that car handled great lol

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to contact a few junk yards today to see if they have any good parts cars for sale. But I'm thinking the best route to go would be to go to a salvage auction. My father has a few friends with deal licenses but I don't know if they will work out. Anyone on here have access to salvage auctions or anything like that??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts