TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an oldie, probly from the early sixties, it's a woman singer and it's like "You don't own me" or something. Please help.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
There's a song on a NASCAR commercial I think that I'm looking for. There's Cars racing around in a 3D sprial looking thing and the music is really faint in the background but really fast paced and I SWEAR I've heard it before. Anybody seen the commercial?

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Hmm, that could be it, I couldn't really hear it though. Know who bastardized the song so I can go listen to it?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
Hmm, that could be it, I couldn't really hear it though. Know who bastardized the song so I can go listen to it?
Magic Carpet ride is sung by Steppenwolf

·
Registered
814 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
It's an oldie, probly from the early sixties, it's a woman singer and it's like "You don't own me" or something. Please help.
janis joplin, Heart, Jefferson airplane. Those are the only ones i can remember from the sixties with girl leads.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
The song is

"You Don't Own Me" It's by Leslie Gore who also sang hits such as: It's My Party, Judy's Turn to Cry", Sunshine and Lollipops", "She's A Fool", Maybe I Know" those are the only ones I can think of right now. "You Don't own Me" was a hit in 1964. ;)

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Drnaline said:
Magic Carpet ride is sung by Steppenwolf
Yes, originally, that's why I asked who bastardized it :tongue:
Cool Dude said:
The song is

"You Don't Own Me" It's by Leslie Gore who also sang hits such as: It's My Party, Judy's Turn to Cry", Sunshine and Lollipops", "She's A Fool", Maybe I Know" those are the only ones I can think of right now. "You Don't own Me" was a hit in 1964. ;)
Thank you! Now, off to find me a song...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
I don't know if it's the version from the commercial (since I haven't seen it), but Crystal Method did a cover a few years ago. In fact, it was on another commercial, a Mazda one I believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts