TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and gals), I was wondering if anyone lived in the DC area and could check out a business and also give me a bit of info on the area. I'm trying to get a job at a company doing a 3d i-manual. If anyone lives in Alexandria or knows the area well, and is willing to give me some info, that would be fricken sweet. Thanks again guys (and gals).

Wiz

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that would be frickin sweet. the name of the company is Alion Science and Technology. The addy is 1701 N. Beauregard St. suite 600 in alexandria. I'm wondering how busy the whole are would be considering it's close to i395. thanks again

Wiz

·
Maryland Chapter Director
189 Posts
I live here in the area, in Maryland, and my brother lives in Alexandria. The area is very congested, and real estate is out of sight there, typical townhouse is in the 400's and the rest goes up from there. Traffic is a nightmare, you would have to pay me huge $$ to live over there.

Most people are now forced to move way out and make long commutes, Loudoun county next to Fairfax, is the fastest growing county in the country!

It has some positives, some nice resturants, etc, but traffic and parking take away from it.

Just some thoughts...

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I can vouch for the traffic as well, I grew up in the area. Traffic is a major problem in Northern VA. The cost of living there is extremely high. My mother works in Fairfax, but lives in Fredericksburg, which is a 60 mile commute each way, just because of the price difference. I'll have her check out the business, but if you're worried about conjestion, Northern VA is not the place you want to be.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm wondering if beauregard street is one of the major ones in that area. I'm trying to live as close to work as possible just for the simple fact that i'm that guy that is dippin and weaving in traffic. would living one to two miles away from work be advisable? or say forget that, live like 2 blocks from work and not have a garage at your apt. I've found a few places with garages, but they are just over 1-2 miles away. What would be advisable in this sitiation and all.

Wiz

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
White Lightning said:

Most people are now forced to move way out and make long commutes, Loudoun county next to Fairfax, is the fastest growing county in the country!
No kidding it is! I'm working with my neighbor's doing excavating work at a housing development around Ashburn, which is around Leesburg. This place is huge! This one house....3800 sq. ft. basement alone, 4 car garage, 3 finished stories, marble floors, stone exterior, and the design inside is immaculate. Sits on 2 or 3 acres I believe....runs a cozy $1.25 million. I believe I heard payments on this place run $12k a month. The smallest house in this development starts in the lower $700k.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I work on duke st in alexandria and traffic is allways bad....well unless you stay at work really late then there is no problem.
There are some really nice apartment places here that could run you anywhere around 1500 with parking garages if that is what you are looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts