TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my girlfriend went down to NC in the cougar, and on the way back, she blew the clutch, and now I can't find a shop near there that will touch the car cause it is a custom job. She is actually just north of the NC border on I77. I'm willing to pay to have the clutch replaced, but I just need someone to do it. Towing it the 500 miles back to NJ just isn't cost effective. Does anyone know of a shop in that area that would be willing to do the swap for me? I'll probably be going down to pick her up tonight, and I'm thinking if I can get someone to do the job, I could pick the car back up in a couple of weeks or something. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. If anyone can help, please give my girlfriend a call at 732-757-1590. Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
the winston-salem/greensboro area are your closest cities (then of course charlotte is further down 77) your best bet is to maybe try and find something around there.

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well she ended up finding a place local that was actually willing to do it. Gonna cost me $770 for them to replace the clutch and resurface the flywheel, and my girlfriend is staying in a hotel until they finish on monday. Sucks, but just to tow it home would have cost a lot more than that, so I guess I have no choice.

Mike

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
sucks ... sometimes I wish I still had my truck ... I woudlve helped you out

PS I'm now realizing how expensive gas really is driving a car that only uses super

1 - 8 of 8 Posts