TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone plasti-dipped there tbird wheels ? i figured this would be easier to do and if i dont like the black i can peel if off and go back to stock.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I have used plasti-dip before but I can't imagine that it would hold up very well to the heat from your rotors.

If you want to try a flat black look, latex paint would work and that stuff won't adhere very well (Lowes sells a gallon for $16 so there's more than plenty to murder out all four wheels + your entire car).

-g

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im on a ranger forum and a lot of them are using it now instead of paint.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A lot of my diesel guys are using it on rims with no issues. They are now making a glossifier and other colors. Definitely an awesome product.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah id use the glossifier too

·
Registered
184 Posts
I didn't use glossifier.. still unsure if I like the look. I know a few people that have used plasti dip on their wheels and it holds up fine.

I know its not a mn12 or on wheels but..

:zdunno:

·
Registered
117 Posts
i havent used that stuff on my wheels but ive used it on numerous other parts of my bird and my buddies 06gt, were addicted to it and constantly looking for quick things to plastidip. ive heard of a guy with a brand new audi that painted the entire car with it that cost about 200bucks in the paint. im nervous about the wheels too cuz of the heat, but ive seen it done before and it seems to hold up fine

·
Registered
117 Posts
my front emerald footed bird, the 2 birds in the rear tails, that piece on the dash that pops out (by the windshield), and the dome light surround i painted with that stuff. more to come but i wanna recover headliner then to all the plastic maybe

·
̇
3,701 Posts
XR7-4.6 said:
It looks like ass on the entire car.

Agreed..

This stuff would be great for us guys who have to drive winters in the "Rust Belt States"..

I would think it would offer some decent protection if you coated the rocker panels, wheel wells, etc..

:zdunno:

Rayo..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts