TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is TONS of info on ::lowering:: the entire car. In AZ there are so many troughs and incline driveways that we are continually busting the front valance off the Bird. Is there a spring or air bag made that would actually RAISE the front or entire car slightly? I have a 5.0 LX, so I imagine the stock springs are already as stiff as I can buy. A LOW car just means DISASTER out here. I envy the rest of you with great roads!!
:(

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Hohokham said:
I envy the rest of you with great roads!!
:(
Come up to the north and We'll show you some bad roads :)

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
You probably should forget the air bag idea. It would cost way too much just to lift it 1" or so. They function best when lowered IMO.

Mark 8 front units will bolt on but you will need a compressor and controls.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Are you talking about the black plastic piece that directs air into the radiator? If so its not really needed, a lot of guys here don't have one on their cars so if it bothers you that much just rip it off. That my man is the easiest solution.:D

-Miller

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
haha, here in maine the roads are horrible this time of year. Every thursday i travel the same road for about 20 miles to a car auction, i usually go 35 cuz anything over that the ar bottoms out, the trans mount in my dads malibu actually broke while travelling those roads.....but ive still had cars pass me at high speeds and get airborn, its friggin crazy

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I almost lost mine today, there was this terrible driveway at an apartment I was checking out, and now it's hanging by two or three of those "staple" things. It doesn't really do anything, though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
miller1995 said:
Are you talking about the black plastic piece that directs air into the radiator? -Miller
Not exactly ........... it's actually the front valance with all the shark teeth(on some years) ...... ya know ....... between the fog lights!! :( They get smashed easily when the car is low on ANY kind of an incline! :mad:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Hohokham said:
Not exactly ........... it's actually the front valance with all the shark teeth(on some years) ...... ya know ....... between the fog lights!! :( They get smashed easily when the car is low on ANY kind of an incline! :mad:
Actually I think he is right. Mine was off for a while, but it looked as if something was always missing from the front, so while I had my bumper off I used some screws and put it back on. The best way to keep this from happening is to just do your best not to hit anything, not trying to be a smarta$$, its just the truth.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Hohokham said:
...Is there a spring or air bag made that would actually RAISE the front or entire car slightly?...
Just take the motor out and put a V6 or 4-banger in it's place. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts