1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THis looks pretty cool. anyone else think its worth it

http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/

27 bux shipped is pretty steep

does anyone known where I could find such a thing cheaper without it being the "harbor freight made in china brass/lead blend substandard quality version".

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Just get the cheap Autozone one. (~$10) It opens when you hook the hose to it. The one in the link sticks out too far for my taste.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had one of the Fram ones that open when you screw the hose onto it and didn't like it. It drains super slow. I went back to the drain plug.

·
Registered
917 Posts
i would be afraid to have one of those... someone who doesnt likes you crawls under there and drains all your oil and you my friend are screwed.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I had one of the Fram ones that open when you screw the hose onto it and didn't like it. It drains super slow. I went back to the drain plug.
I found the same problem when I tried it out. Its a great idea in theory... the design is flawed however.

greencurse said:
i would be afraid to have one of those... someone who doesnt likes you crawls under there and drains all your oil and you my friend are screwed.
LOL If someone dislikes you that much and wants to drain your oil, its not any harder to crawl under with a wrench and drain it. just take a little longer.

·
Registered
917 Posts
no worries from me i just think that it would be easier than letting some air out of ones tires and alot more destructive

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
This is why you need Eibachs :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
i think if im going to jack the car up the least i can do is get a little exercise by loosening the drain plug.

Nifty idea but i would never do it. Especially since everyone says its slow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts