TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how the PI cams will perform with the NPI manifold?

I've seen where some folks felt they lost torque with the PI manifold swap.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you should pick up some good torque down low, but at high RPMs it will probably still choke since that is where the PI intake makes its presence known

i didnt notice any torque loss when i did the PI intake swap
Did you do the intake first or the cams?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i did the cams first... got 202Rwhp and 260RwTq w/ just PI cams, underdrives, and FRPP 70mmTb. there was NO tune, no TC lockup, and i was low on trans fluid. oh i had dual 2" exhaust with flowmaster mufflers

this was after driving from West Palm to jupiter along US1

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know. Thanks guys.

I figured I might as well do pulleys too, since the timing cover comes off for the cams. will do valve seals as well since my bird has over 164,000 miles and the cams will be out.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have the graph from I think it was KDanner that did the first intake only swap, it was a 15ftlb loss up to about 4K, then a mega gain after. The cam only swaps I have seen run 15ftlbs across the board so all NPI cams need to find the junkyard.

·
Registered
984 Posts
ThunderB,

I did the PI cams first a few years ago in my NPI '97, with disappointing results. Later swapped to a PI intake and picked up a solid 23 Hp when retuned. The original manifold just ran out of flow at about 4400 RPM, whereas the car pulled much harder at high RPM (and even sounded a lot better!) with the PI intake.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
so all NPI cams need to find the junkyard.
or pretend to be a table leg.. or lamp post, or bludgeon weapon.. or whatever else you can use em for..

sell em to a honda boi as a performance cam.. wtf do they know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts