TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I wanna upgrade to 18" wheels (Sport Edition Fox 5s) with 245/45 series tires.
My car is stock height (no sport package or any other mods, except swaybars which doesn't matter)
Will I be running into any trouble with these considerably wider tires? Will I have to roll my fenders. (How the heck do I do that?) and what about rubbing in the front when I turn? Any other suggestions?
Help please,
Thanks

James

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
you won't run into any issues with 245 rubber, the only time you run into issues is with 255 width on the front of newer birds, rubbing the control arms.

I run the 17" version of the sport edition fox 5's and 245/45 in the front, and 255 in the rear, not a single problem, and at stock height, even the 18's have tons of clearance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool man, thanks a bunch.
Can I ask how much you paid, where you got them, what tires you have, and how happy you are with them?
:thumbsup:
James

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I got them from tirerack, it's been a year now and the prices haven't changed. I ordered the wheels, paid the extra few $ to get them second day, and had them 2 days later. I originally ran 235 40 17's on them, but found the 40 series tires to be to thin, hit a pothole hard and bent a rim, put 245's on afterwards, and haven't had an issue since. I am extremely happy with them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts