TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some pics/sound clips.

Also were the issues with the coating on the kooks ever ironed out (Kodiak, Shadowdragon, Joel, other NC/VA/SC/anyone else I know pay NO attention to this thread :)).

F'n sig times will drop to 12.xx before the end of the year (()*&(*^#&@% heater core hoses and summer temps. I love some skimpy clothes but I'd rather have a fast car.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
kooks, cats and ART:

this sounded mean but was way too loud.

kooks, gutted cats with straight pipes run through ( burned them up) and midmount x-pipe magnaflow:

this isn't quite finished yet as i will eventually reposition the mufflers in the rear requiring some repositioning of the pipes from midmount.

if this is Will, i believe i took you for a ride with the latter setup, but if not here is a clip... i was caught sleeping at the light and lost traction as well

sound clip

my understanding is the ART guy sells a setup with out cats that bolts to the kooks based on EECDOC's fitting.

hans

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Greenbird. There's a shop here that does Jet Hot so I may have them coated here depending.

Hans-I completely forgot about you. :) Robert checked with ART and the setup that hooks to the Kooks is $600 vs. $550 for the normal setup. I'm skipping cats altogether and will just run the ART exhaust into the Borla's which I'll hope to have recessed a bit under the car vs. being too exposed. Hoping for this at least. It will be loud but not much worse than my car now and it will overpower the sounds coming from the engine bay. :)

Kid-It's gonna be nasty. Now to order everything and drop that )*(&)(*& K member.

·
Registered
166 Posts
yes, i still have a drone at certain low rpms - its fine on the hwy though. repositioning the mufflers so that the tips can point out straight back rather than tucked way up will fix that.

i have been told by numerous people it sounds good though :D

putting the mufflers at 45* angles rather than the stock locations may solve the "recessed a bit under the car vs. being too exposed" issue. the borlas are 14 inch whereas the stock are 13 inch.

hans

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will have to try that repositioning. I'd rather keep the exhaust hidden vs. the tips I have now (also great for scraping). Decisions decisions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts