·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
im going to do a hub swap but i figured it would be smart to get some wheels before i do the swap lol

is that your car? cause i was wondering about how much room you have from the edge of the tire to the edge of the lip on the fender in the front and back, i really like the flush look and it looks like i might have to run some spacers

so is your car hub swaped, or did you redrill the wheels? ive heard alot of bad things about redrilled wheels and not being able to get rid of vibration and all that

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
im going to do a hub swap but i figured it would be smart to get some wheels before i do the swap lol

is that your car? cause i was wondering about how much room you have from the edge of the tire to the edge of the lip on the fender in the front and back, i really like the flush look and it looks like i might have to run some spacers

so is your car hub swaped, or did you redrill the wheels? ive heard alot of bad things about redrilled wheels and not being able to get rid of vibration and all that
its mine, and its hub swapped. i have plenty of room up front and enough out back. it clears the fenders just fine, no need for spacers. i have 05 gt's on it now and they have more offset, so they stick in more on the rears.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, yeah i was a little concerned about it because i dont really like it when the wheels are to far in the wheel wells.

i think it looks alot better when the face of the tire or wheel sits flush with the edge of the fender, if i werent spending most of my money building my other car i would get some wheels that actually had some lip to them and a nice offset but that will have to wait :(

·
Registered
664 Posts
Just to add to this for others searching.

Here's my soon to be owned (working on paperwork now) Tbird with Mustang Rims (will be lowered soon):

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I hope those are original Mustang size tires. If not, that is the most four wheelin T-Bird I've ever seen!

I wish I had found a Bird with the hub swap already done. It really opens up your wheel options.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I want the one in the garage!!! Is that a T-bird? At first glance I thought it was a fox-body stang, but I dont think it is now. It looks pretty sweet
The one in the garage is actually mine. Yes it is a Bird. Unfortunately even a lot of people that see it in person still ask if it is a mustang. Here is a better pic:

The gray Bird was picked up for Will by my neighbor and I because it was a local car. As to the tire size, I will double check tonight, but I think they are 245/45/17. I am not 100% certain that they are 17's, so I will double check. I agree that it is a little high, but I know Will will take care of that soon.

Kevin M

·
Registered
664 Posts
Oh yeah-It will definitely be taken care of soon. Voghtland springs bringing it down an inch or so.

·
Registered
367 Posts
sweet ride Kevin......So OX's car aka will is the one buying the 96 or 97...... It is a unique color, I like it. I haven't seen many at all that color.
Yes the 96 Grey one will soon officially be Ox's. You have not seen many this color because it is a custom paint job. The guy it was purchased from called it Titanium Grey.

Kevin M

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Gunmetal Cobra R's on that gray car would look sinful!

-Joel

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
The previous owner said it was the Mustang Silver paint code.

And I'm looking towards gun metal grey or silver (98 Cobra Rims) but that's a ways off but I'll be picking up cobra calipers and rotors as well. For now I just want to get my goodies into it. :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm interested in those rims and you wouldn't have to ship. :)

Glad to see that car went to a good owner. I was tempted on buying it until KevinM found my jewel. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts