TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this Dynomax system on Jeggs... Any opinions?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/17379/10002/-1

Also as a cheaper alternative, I just want to increase the rumble and tone, not necessarily make the car significantly louder. Anyone replace the rear mufflers with something like glass packs?

Brian

·
Administrator
8,059 Posts
I've had it on mine for years now, no complaints. I think a few people have swapped mufflers for something a bit louder. If you want loud, this system isn't it.

Joe

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want loud.... Just a little rumble.

Brian

·
Registered
294 Posts
It seems to get a little louder over time. I've used it twice. Took 5 years (with no snow/ice/salt) to rot a muffler out, Flowmaster kit took about as long, too.

Dynomax fits almost perfect, but you may need to trim a little of the right rear pipe section to keep the mufflers/tips from contacting the body. Easy fix with a sawzall and good blade. Had to do that both times.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
i'm pretty happy with it. It is not loud at all, but a decent rumble.
X2 I have the same muffers and its a bit loader now that I have the true duals :D

And the muffers tuck up under the bumper very nice :)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've got a true dual system with a mid mounted Magnaflow. It sounded great till I had the other two cats taken off, then it got kinda loud. So recently I had a good exhaust man install a couple of 18" glasspacks at the very back, with SS tips. The glasspacks quieted it back down again, nice rumble but not farm truck loud. The neighbors appreciate it I'm sure. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
X2 I have the same muffers and its a bit loader now that I have the true duals :D

And the muffers tuck up under the bumper very nice :)

I've been checking out year exhaust lately and have been thinking about doing the same thing. Do you have any sound clips?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've had it on mine for years now, no complaints. I think a few people have swapped mufflers for something a bit louder. If you want loud, this system isn't it.

Joe
Hey Joe..you have this system? I looked at this system also,I'm still researching for my set-up... How it compared to the stock 4.6?.....oh wait isn't your car a V6?

if your car has the 4.6 can I come by sometime and listen to it to compare?

Thanks
Jason

·
Administrator
8,059 Posts
It's a slight rumble over stock at idle, you know it's different. You really don't notice much until you punch it. Yup, V6 but I'll try to help! Meet you at the Bubbling Brook some Sunday!

Joe

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i245.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid245.photobucket.com/albums/gg77/POSSUM61/watermill009.flv">

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Thank you Keith Also there is know dome noise with my system :) RobertP a MN-12 Guru believes its because of the 2.5 inch opening at the tips

1 - 14 of 14 Posts