TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was watching Rides last night and saw that Chip Foose is going to have his name associated with a new mustang for 2006 to be available to select dealers. This mustang is reported to have a MSRP pricetag of $42,000.

All I can say is that it looks SWEET!

Foose Mustang Stallion

They are saying that it's Eleanor's BIG little brother.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
wow, sweet, no that's a new mustang i'd like to drive.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
:hitit:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Nice car overall, one thing I would have added is the "Stallion" badging across the decklid like the original. But I like how the "Foose" emblem is like the Snake from the old Shlebys. Guy knows his stuff, I never could get into the whole low-pro tire thing but I love that car. Not overly done, but done nicely.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I have yet to see anything that Foose has done that I like! :beek:

Don't get me wrong, his workmanship and quality is excellent, I just don't like his taste.

From the wheels to the grill, I think he has ruined a nice Mustang. :zpuke:

Sorry, but that is just my opinion. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My BIG problem with it..........now the wife wants one..........

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
The ONLY thing he does that i don't care for is put those rubber band tires on everything. I mean 20's are ok for a 4x4 that you're going to put HUGE tires on; but for a car I'd like to have a little sidewall to soak up the bumps!

But the cars are absolutely beatiful. (Well, he did a new generation T-Bird that I didn't care for, but I haven't seen any customized 02-05 birds I've liked)

·
Registered
927 Posts
I like just about everything I've seen that Foose has done.

The "rubberband tires on huge wheels" thing goes way back. I remember seeing designers' renderings from the 80's of cars, and they had abstract black circles and chrome disks for wheels. Now, the only difference is that the designers can actually put the huge wheels they envisioned on the car.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Traveler said:
The ONLY thing he does that i don't care for is put those rubber band tires on everything. I mean 20's are ok for a 4x4 that you're going to put HUGE tires on; but for a car I'd like to have a little sidewall to soak up the bumps!
I'm with you on this one. I also like to have a little more rubber there than that.

I'm a big fan of the 17's on our cars, 18's ok, but anything bigger.......:thumbsd:

·
Registered
284 Posts
It's a good-looking car, and Foose does great work, but I just prefer a more agressive style. Love the upper half of the front fascia though. The Classic Design Concepts is more my style, and it's blown :cool:

As far as big rims go, my .02 is to only go as big as needed for performance gains: big brakes, better handling, etc. 19"s and (depending on the car) 20's don't look bad, but I prefer performance over looks--except when it comes to deep-dish rims :D

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
I have yet to see anything that Foose has done that I like! :beek:

Don't get me wrong, his workmanship and quality is excellent, I just don't like his taste.
Well I've liked everything I've seen...till now. I'd take aa regular GT over that even if there wasn't a $14K difference in price.

As for tire size, I like 5" of sidewall, anything smaller is :zpuke:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I like it a lot. I think the new mustang is just a good car to do custom work like that too. I mean you can do different hoods and scoops and rims and everything else to make it resemble one of the many older models without loosing any of the class it currently has. Can't wait to see what the future brings, and for the Shelby Cobra. :drool:

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
What's that thing on the back window? Is it one of those rice things? Meant to look nice but has no functionality. If it was a vent for the rear passengers, that would be cool.

·
Registered
170 Posts
93pimpin said:
What's that thing on the back window? Is it one of those rice things? Meant to look nice but has no functionality. If it was a vent for the rear passengers, that would be cool.

According to what he was talking about on the show. They were meant to direct air to either the rear brakes or to an amp or both. Don't really know if that actaully happened as planned or not, it wasn't said after that.

I don"t really care for the look of it. Trying to make a "big little' brother for the first one in my eyes didn't turn out too well.

It doesn't look mean enough.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts