TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just curious on the feasability of this. The later model Mustang 3.8's belt out decent hp and torque while still retaining respectable fuel efficiency.

Has anyone tried this?

·
Administrator
8,211 Posts
PJ 4.2L has swapped in a 4.2 into his. I've heard people doing the head swap (I'm going to try it this Spring) but not the entire engine.

Joe

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
edgar, welcome.

Most of us prefer to think about the 4.2 swap IF we are swapping entire engines. The later Mustang 3.8 only puts out more power because of the heads and intake. Most of the time, these items can be obtained cheaper than the whole engine. If you absolutely want an entire engine, you can try to find a 4.2 F-150 engine.

If you can get a late Mustang 3.8 (we call it the split port 3.8 or sp 3.8) for really cheap, then rest assured that there isn't much that can go wrong. It's one of the easiest swaps you can do. Depending on your year, the most you have to worry about is your ignition system.

PJ

·
Registered
377 Posts
is there any difference in flow between a 98 mustang upper and my 93 upper came across a cheap one on ebay and was wondering is if worth the money or just ot polish mine, or if the mustang is better polish it

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
there is NO difference in the 98 upper intake, the LOWER is slightly better on the 96+ cars but you need to drill out the intake bolt holes a bit bigger to fit your stock intake bolts.

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts