TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing some of the pics from past camping and cruises got it in my blood again. :)

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
sounds like it could be fun. you have any idea on when it would be?

·
Banned
538 Posts
yeah ya know that sounds like a good idea :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cruise up on a Sat morning early, setup camp, cruise around, come back and cook/hang out then head back Sun morning sound good?

Andy-What are the good spots? You're the closest...

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
sounds good. set a date for it and hopefully no stupid work BS will force me to miss it.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
I was thinking we could cruise up to grandfather mountain and go up top.
I personally have never been there. We almost went the once, but not everybody had the money, including myself. I don't think it costs that much though, just tough when you planned to spend a set amount of cash.

what camp ground were you thinking about?
the one we went to last time, Julian Price?
you can rent boats and go out on price lake too.

or we could hit the Lynn Cove Viaduct. you know, the big bridge? there's a trail up under it. pretty cool.

If we go back to Julian Price PLEASE we gotta keep the noise and the loud cursing down, people bring thier kids there and voices travel very far in those woods with little/no effort. Last time i wanted to crawl in a hole a few times.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Will suggested May.

how bout the second weekend in May?

that's friday the 12th thru Sunday the 14th

good, bad?

speak up y'all

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotta check my dates. I may have a conflict that weekend but it would be the best one I "think".

I won't be loud this time. :)

·
Banned
538 Posts
Who was loud ???

·
Banned
445 Posts
The weekend of the 19th is out for us. They are having a Relay for Life hosted by the American Cancer Society that weekend. We purchased a lantern in rememberance of Joel and the girl that works for me is going through radiation for thyroid cancer so she and I are organizing a team together for the 24 hour relay. I think every other weekend should be good though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey all this is my second time signing on this since i became a member. May is not a good month for me but june the second weekend would work plus it would be a little warmer. Have you guys and gals checked out hanging rock? They have great prices and it is bout 2-3hrs from the raleigh area. Just wonder if anyone would think june would be better

1 - 14 of 14 Posts