TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got 2 cans of AeroKroil for $12 bucks shipped. This is pretty amazing stuff, it seems to wick down into very rusted bolts and free them up. The catch though is you have to specify a company name, technically its for industrial use only. Says that on the can too. The odor is very tolerable (light citrus/pineish) and the MSDS isn't worse than PB. MSDS says ..refreshing odor...(well that is up for debate). You also need MUCH less.

I used to use PB blaster, but you need tons of it and I usually hold my nose and run out. With Kroil you let out a controlled drop or two and it does its magic. Seems to naturally draw into crevices rather than run out or drip. Guess that has to do with surface tension and what not.

Just as a test, had two wheels on a rusty wagon, drop of kroil and pb by the wheel flange on both sides. The wheels would barely move let alone spin. The kroil wheel was spinning for almost a minute with a slight push. PB did free it up, but no where near as lubricated as the kroil. The PB tended to drip away, the kroil seem to creep into the flange crevice and into the shaft.

I read so many good things about this product, can't wait to try it on something rusty and siezed.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
I've used it alot. Good stuff, smells terrible..
JL

·
Banned
198 Posts
The Best There Is!!!!!!!!!

USED IN 82nd AIRBORNE:cool: TO CLEAN & LUBE ALL WEAPONS:eek: NO JAMMING EVER:D

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I have been using it for several years now , picked up the tip from our maintenance supervisor and indeed the stuff works great

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried it on a rusty, corroded, horrible egr bolt, once it broke free I couldn't use a ratchet. I feared that it broke off! Actually it was so lubricated that I had to use a socket and extension to get the bolt out with my fingers! There was no prevailing torque to remove or install this bolt, not even a good ratchet would hold. It was like installing brand new, lubricated hardware from a sealed bag!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts