TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Very nice... How Much?
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=29&catid=2&loc=show

There is the product, a ford garage recommended it, and autozone said it was great, and from the testimonials on thir site it's a good product.... A couple of people said that they chanedtheir transmission filter also....

Has anyone used it ?????

The reason being is my transmission slips... BIG TIME, and i cant afford the new tranny on a college student ramen noodle fund.....

How hard is it to change the filter for the transmisson fluid ??? and how much of this stuff do i add ????

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nearly 3 years ago, at about 76K miles, my transmission had a minor leak but was otherwise working fine. I used a bottle of the Lucas stuff that has so far stopped the leak and has had no other noticeable effects (which in my case is good).

·
5,650 Posts
I've used it and it can do the job, depending on how bad the trans really is. Since you are on a very tight budget, I'd try using it. It may get you as far as you need to go until you can afford the proper repairs. It doesn't fix anything, just changes the friction properties of the fluid and makes the seals swell.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
also look into seafoam trans tune.. that smoothed out my 95..

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I have a friend who used the Lucas engine treatment in his 89 5.0 Mustang.It was making a horrible knocking/ticking sound.Stoped the noise for about 5 passes at the strip.Now it knocks again.LOL

I am going to add the engine treatment to my next oil change.Next time I do a Transmission service on the car I will use the tranny treatment too as long as I am pleased with the engine treatment.

·
Very nice... How Much?
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol... nice explanation... to the point..... literally

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Simply put...Crap in a can.
JL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts