TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a Bird?

See them everywhere for sale and I haven't gotten my pullies in the mail yet.

Just curious.

Mike

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm pretty sure BBK uses the stock balancer, which can be a PITA to intall. If you want an easy route, get the ones from Steeda. I hear they're really easy to install.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you have a problem on install UD pulleys, then get the cheap-o March ones, and with the rest of the money that'd you spend on the Steeda ones, have some one install it for you. It shouldn't be more than $100 to install.

·
Registered
621 Posts
MZ-Bird said:
How did your Steedas go? I am getting those instead .

Mike
We'll find out this weekend, when I have enough money to buy a new gatorback belt and some gasket maker. :)

BTW, try to snag a deal on ebay... keyword "Steeda Underdrive" and just look for the 1996-2001 pulleys.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Here is another one....

ASP has the balancer with the pulley.I paid 145 to my door for the bottom alone for my Mark VIII.The guy that bought the car fixed the motor and doesnt want the lower pulley so he said I could have it back if I wanted it,of course YES I am getting it back.Was over at a friends house and he had a Blue set of aluminim underdrives there and gave them to me.So with the crank pulley I bought months ago and the two other pulleys I just got, I have underdrives now.I am happy.
Does anyone know who makes the Blue Aluminum underdrives?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: Here is another one....

LX-Tasy said:
ASP has the balancer with the pulley.I paid 145 to my door for the bottom alone for my Mark VIII.The guy that bought the car fixed the motor and doesnt want the lower pulley so he said I could have it back if I wanted it,of course YES I am getting it back.Was over at a friends house and he had a Blue set of aluminim underdrives there and gave them to me.So with the crank pulley I bought months ago and the two other pulleys I just got, I have underdrives now.I am happy.
Does anyone know who makes the Blue Aluminum underdrives?
Thanks,
Chris
I don't know of any companies that make blue ones for us, but Saleen does make some chrome ones.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I'ev seen the blue underdrive pullies too. Saw them at a little mustang performance stand in our mall once. I thought they were Steeda since everything else those guys were selling was Steeda. Guess I'm wrong?

·
Registered
621 Posts
AverageJoe said:
I'ev seen the blue underdrive pullies too. Saw them at a little mustang performance stand in our mall once. I thought they were Steeda since everything else those guys were selling was Steeda. Guess I'm wrong?
Maybe the 5.0 ones are blue from Steeda, but mines are just plain black.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts