TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a silver car and Ive been thinking that mirror tint wouldnt look too shabby on it. Has anyone had any experiences with mirror tint? Comments and complaints welcome. Also, how much did it cost you? (including front windows)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I WOULDNT DUDE

Hey man i my car is all black and chrome. i was gonna have the mirror tint done too and the place i use said he could do it for me.....BUT......he said i would have to pay in cash, no recipt because it is wicked illegal where i live. (MASS) he also told me that i wouldnt even make it back home without getting pulled over. to me, not worth it. i got a 24 percent black tint instead. its still illegal by like 11 percent but its a judgement call and havent been pulled for it yet. ( 6 months) if u still wanna do it, the guy was gonna charge me 200 for all windows and my sunroof as well so it should be somewhere around there.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't have mirrored tint but I DO live in Cali and tinting laws are MUCH more lenient here. Mirror tint is still illegal here, but most shops will still do it as long as you acknowledge the fact that its illegal. If you get straight mirror tint, chances are you'll get pulled over in the next month. BUT you CAN get this tint called 'titanium' which is a very dark mirror tint, almost to a point where you can't really tell that its mirrored. It looks VERY awesome and I highly recommend it. Not sure where to get that type of tint in San Jose, but if you ever come down to SF there's a place on Geary street called "Bay Car Stereo"

·
8,239 Posts
I like the mirror tint, a guy had it on a silver SVT contour, looked pretty hot.

Its pretty illegal around here, but the cops won't pull you over just for having tint. Maybe if you get a speeding ticket they will tack the tint ticket on.

Some of the rice around here has matching tint to the color of their cars. A guy with a red eclipse, has red tint with flames in it. That screams "pull me over" I think.

I have 5% on the back three windows, and 30% up front. I get pulled over for alot of stupid things, they never say nothing about the tint, because the sides are lighter than the back three windows are.

Justin

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yeah i've seen that titanium looking stuff, it's pretty cool. It almost looks like it's a bright reflection, not like a tint... like if you were to see a reflection on a window allowing you not to be able to see in it... that's what that titanium stuff looks like...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Spike said:
Yeah i've seen that titanium looking stuff, it's pretty cool. It almost looks like it's a bright reflection, not like a tint... like if you were to see a reflection on a window allowing you not to be able to see in it... that's what that titanium stuff looks like...
Exactly :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alex, Did you by chance see how much they charged for the Titanium tint? Is it generally more expensive than regular black tint? Also, Id imagine the Titanium tint would come in different transparencies (if thats even a word) just like black tint. So maybe if I got a lighter level on the fronts it wouldnt look too illegal.

·
Registered
710 Posts
That's what's cool about the titanium... it doesn't look like a tint... a cop that see's the car might just take it as a reflection and move on... you have to study a car's movement pretty da** close to see that it's tinted like that... otherwise if u look in passing, it looks like a reflection. I'm sure they do have different levels of transparencies, they also have different colors i believe.... like some are more champagne colored and some are more silver colored... some are even kinda black colored. Just go to a place that does tinting and get the cuatro uno uno

·
Registered
604 Posts
At my local 'performance' shop, titanium tint costs the same as the other tint, also comes in tint levels down to 5%. The main reason why you'll get pulled over less with this kind of tint is because, like what the other peeps said, it just looks like black tint. Even up close it looks black. As for reflectivity, you shouldn't worry about that. A clean car can produce the same effect, and the STOCK purple tinted windshields on the newer mercedes-benz cars reflect just as much as a fully tinted window.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Bagged, that was prolly just mirror then wouldn't it be? The titanium does not have the same mirror quality as the silver stuff.... it looks like an off-reflection.... and less like a mirror...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts