·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
11,904 Posts
Great find Shadow!

The TM is now taking bets on what she'll bring.

My Guess is .75 Mil

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think we should all pool our money together, I get the first week!
Thunderbird Nest was talking about the same idea. lol Between the two forums we might be able to do it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
That will be interesting to watch and see what it finally sells for especially in this unstable economy.
I bet that Ron Pratt of Pratt Construction will buy it. He doesnt experience "unstable" finances. I think in the past 2 years he has spent well over 125 million in cars. The guy is set I think. I would look for him to take it home.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
The last corvette Stingray only sold for $660,000 and that had a televised restoration, I don't see this going over $500,000.
That is what I was thinking. Unfortunately a Thunderbird just isn't in that much of a demand as compared to a Corvette or any specialty car of that era.

NADA "High Retail" for a 55 T'bird with V8, A/C, overdrive transmission, and soft top is $72,075. So anything above that would have to be due to it being the first one off the assembly line.

Classic car prices are fickle. My 73 convertible is worth 2/3 as much as a 73 XR7 convertible even though there was only 1/3 as many non-XR7’s manufactured. Considerably rarer, but worth much less money.

I would be very surprised if the ’55 breaks $250K. But that is just my guess.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
NADA "High Retail" for a 55 T'bird with V8, A/C, overdrive transmission, and soft top is $72,075. So anything above that would have to be due to it being the first one off the assembly line.
It being #1 is the only reason I'd want it. I have no desire to own such a dinosaur, but I do desire a piece of American history.

Of course, one could argue, ANY '55 T-Bird is a piece of history. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts