TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's looking like I am going to start swapping the T-45 into my 94 cougar the weekend of april 2nd. Tomorrow morning I am going to pick up a crown vic driveshaft, then I just have to order a chip and pick up a pilot bearing and a new rear main seal, and I will have everything to do the swap. Anyone up for giving me a hand? Don't really have any money to offer, but if anyone wants to come and help, I'll give them the old 4R70 that's coming out of the car, and I can also offer a pullout couch to crash on if anyone needs it. Anyway, if anyone is up for helping me out, let me know and I will appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Wow, wish I was more mechanically able, I'd be all over helping you out, seeing as I live right here in Mooresville....a good group of us will be around the following Saturday, attending the Charlotte Autofair. We should definatly make arrangements to meet up, if you'd like to meet some of the other NC guys as well.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Kodiak kid said:
so you should come out and meet some of the coolest people to ever walk this earth :D

uhhhh.....well most unique to say the least :D

·
Super Moderator
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll come to the autofair if someone wants to PM me directions. I suppose I could wait until the weekend after that to start the swap. The only real time constraint is it has to get started before the 4R70 dies completely. Right now it just drops into neutral at every stop and won't engage again until you rev it a few times. Anyway, the more people want to help the better. I will probably be doing the swap at my friend's house because I am going to school and living in an apartment right now, and he has a garage that he's willing to let me use. I already have my one friend who volunteered to help, but he's a chevy guy, and doesn't know much about fords but anyone who wants to help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
Kodiak kid said:
I would help you, but I am doing a trans swap myself :D but, we will be at the autofair so you should come out and meet some of the coolest people to ever walk this earth :D
except him. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts