TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think its kinda funny, but they tested cola as a chrome cleaner and compared it to a "leading" brand chrome cleaner and the cola did a better job. Not that i have any chrome to clean lol...but would be kinda cool if its true. And just incase i get a 63 tbird i know what to use LOL....

Greg

·
Registered
515 Posts
yeah i saw that tonight too. It comes out that coke is pretty useful as cleaning agent...which is sort of scary considering i drink about 5 gallons of it a week. The coffin stuff was a little wierd though...guess just cause thats always been a fear for me

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea some of the stuff they do is kinda obvious, but they do gotta make a show...and i guess sometimes its tough to come up with material. The episode where they made the rocket powered car was sweet tho hehe.

Greg

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
GregK said:
And just incase i get a 63 tbird i know what to use LOL....
;)

Ive seen 2 or 3 episodes. Seems to be kinda cool.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I watched this last episode too. They dismissed stuff too quickly. For instance. They tried to break a bolt loose by soaking it in coke, but they only waited like fifteen minutes... You need to let some penetrating oils soaking over-night before it gets into all the threads. Also, when they did the coffin test, they dismissed the possibility of surviving being buried alive for more than some hours-- all because one of the fairy hosts starting panicking when his coffin started buckling. It's a fact that people have been buried alive numerous times by earthquakes in third world countries and survived for DAYS-- no coffin needed. They had less air and no room to move. This and other things make me think that these "experts" are nothing but BS maven nerds. When they dropped the crash test dummie in the water with the G-Force indicator and recorded 279 Gs!!! I don't think that's possible. The dummy simply CAN NOT go fast enough to provide that sort of force-- even if he was hitting a concrete block. Since their test didn't really need an accurate G force read-out, but simply a delta of G-force, I let that one slide.

Bottom line... They hurry a lot of tests for the sake of saving time and having more stuff to put in the show, but few (if any) of their so-called "Busts" are conclusive by any stretch.

PJ

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
that hairspray in the toilet thing (were they testing because of hairspray fumes or 'methan?' i cant remember). the only thing that made even a remote explosion was the black powder haha.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i dont take a lot of their stuff totally seriously, but its still more entertaining than 99% of the other crap they put on TV. And at least its somewhat educational...

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts