TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SPEED GT Championship? Seriously, I think I am going insane. I saw a piece of wood float off the back of a tow truck. THE TRUCK WAS IN PARK. The piece of wood just floated up off the top of the truck. Oh, and my roommate saw it too, so I know I was not hallucinating. I nearly choked on my Coke. If anyone taped/saw the race, tell me I'm not dreaming.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looked like a pretty big piece of wood, and there were a few smaller pieces near it. This was the craziest thing I have ever seen. I guess it could have been windy, but it'd have to have been a huge gust. It only picked up one side of the plank too.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
JJanney said:
hallucinating.

L
S
D
:D

I musta missed that part.... I was between a basketball game, the Speedvision Touring Car and GT races, and boxing on HBO....

Too bad the Saleen SR broke... I'm guessing there's no Firebirds in the GT class this year? :(

wait...there's a Camaro :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim Rathman (yellow Corvette) owns the nearest Chebby Dealership in my area. He was doing well until the end, when he spun out twice. I do have to say, Hans Stuck is the MAN when it comes to driving. He started DEAD LAST and made it to 4th in just 18 laps. I call that awesome. That Mustang that died was a S-351, in a New Edge. Definitely sweet looking.

·
2,028 Posts
JJanney said:
Jim Rathman (yellow Corvette) owns the nearest Chebby Dealership in my area. He was doing well until the end, when he spun out twice. I do have to say, Hans Stuck is the MAN when it comes to driving. He started DEAD LAST and made it to 4th in just 18 laps. I call that awesome. That Mustang that died was a S-351, in a New Edge. Definitely sweet looking.

John Young
Woodside, CA
USA Apex Racing
Saleen SR 351
5.7L V8 Contract Metal Products

·
2,028 Posts
Speedvision World Challenge: GT

Speedvision World Challenge: Touring Car

HORRIBLE picture of a 'street' SR

Saleen SR (from the Saleen Website)

They are "New Edge" body styles, but with a wide body kit (mostly for aero reasons I suppose). My dream Mustang...that's for sure.....tough choice between an SR and a 2000 R though...

S-351's were made for a while, but I think Cali emissions killed that beast. Definitely would have to get a supercharged S-351 if anything (460hp? guessing off to the top of my head at the moment).

S-281's have been made since '96....with the S281-E being the 'new' S-351 style car...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts