TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered an AutoTap which came today. Hooked it up to the car and found a couple puzzling things. Here is the log and config file i set up

http://www.midwestthundercats.com/members/n0esc/configfile.atc

http://www.midwestthundercats.com/members/n0esc/5minuteidlelog.atl

The TPS voltage I assume means it needs to be readjusted from what I can find looking at older posts. At idle it reads no lower than 18.2%

The other strange thing is that I have a FordChip tune. The rear O2 sensors appear to be off on the Fuel Trim graphs, they give no reading at all. But after frame 100 or so (Out of the 355 second run) the Bank 2 O2 Sensor mV readings begin to climb until coming up to the same levels as Bank 1. At 330 seconds I advanced the throttle up to 4500RPM where the log ends.

The rest of the params I logged are from me trying to find a problem in Cyl 6 related to a low compression reading.

-mj
_______

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just a WAG, but those rear O2 sensors are probably looking at gas coming thru a cool cat, and take a while to get up to proper temp.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The TPS is advanced for full timing to come in sooner, tricking the ecu.

The rear O2 fuction is turned off Via chip, a mil eliminator I believe.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok lets try again... The TPS shouldn't be advanced anywhere for anything as far as I know. Even people that I know have chips have stated it needs to read 0% what good does it do for the EEC to think your always driving at 1/4 throttle... then its just dumping fuel...

As for the rear O2s I need one of the EEC tuners to verify this for me. I was under the understanding that if rear O2s were off they should not read (again you need autotap and have to view the log to see what I am talking about) they come up in voltage, but they never affect the fuel trims. The fuel trim is only showing input for Bank 1 and 2 sensor 1. Thats normal correct?

Its been flashed... FordChip tuned it... twice... Its not stock... I just don't understand the EEC well enough to know all the little things about its new behavior. Thats why I asked... I could have guessed

:zsoapbox:

-mj

Edit: Sorry for being harsh... Long week...

·
Registered
724 Posts
The shut off for the rear O2's is just a yes or no setting in the EEC. I would imagine that they still read voltage and such but that the EEC just doesn't pay any attention to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts