TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in swapping an engine for me. mine has 171,000ish, and am now considering this as an option. it is burning oil and leaking oil. i can put 3 quarts in after 1000-1500 and still be low at oil change time... i don't notice that much smoke, and it doesn't leave LARGE amounts of oil under it... just seeing the possibilities.. thanks..

seth

oh yeah.. i have 5 days off every 2 weeks and would be willing to drive somewhere. thanks again.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My car has some kind of oil consumption problem. I put 4 quarts in every 4,000 miles. And I usually have to add a quart or two between oil changes. My car has no leaks (that I can see). And I never see smoke coming out of the tailpipe unless it's at the start-up on a cold morning. I don't know what's wrong, any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
If u were in TX i would do the job for you.. with a small fee of course.. :D

622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kentwood,
I am in Jackson, about 3 hrs from N.O. would you be able to help me get all the parts i need?

TX,
where in texas are you? my brother lives near Houston. thanks.

seth

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Feel free to E-Mail me with questions also. I did a PI swap into my '95 Cougar last July. I'm about 7 hours away from you (O'Fallon, MO), so I doubt I can be much help to you other than e-mail/PMs.

Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you could bring it to my dealership in Dallas, I could help you do it if you have 1 whole day to dedicate to the project. We have a '01 Cobra motor with 81,494 mi on it if you want to drop it in but the motor I could sell to you for 1200 before I put it in inventory. I love MN12 tbirds and am willing to help anyone who needs the help. I recently got promoted to Service Manager and have limited authority.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
tbird vet said:
If you could bring it to my dealership in Dallas, I could help you do it if you have 1 whole day to dedicate to the project. We have a '01 Cobra motor with 81,494 mi on it if you want to drop it in but the motor I could sell to you for 1200 before I put it in inventory. I love MN12 tbirds and am willing to help anyone who needs the help. I recently got promoted to Service Manager and have limited authority.
I'd like to see you do a DOHC swap into a bird in one full day. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've done similar swaps with an assistant in that time. Apparently you have no idea what we do working in a dealership. Speed comes with time. And I've put in some serious time. It's no impossible. 1 day, 2 days tops depending on bay availability and making sure I get my paperwork done ahead of time. Trying not to piss off the gen manager.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
01 Cobra for $1200.....Drool....that would be nice with a turbo. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sir William said:
01 Cobra for $1200.....Drool....that would be nice with a turbo. :D

Hehe, yeah, but that would definetly take longer than 1-2 days and alot more parts. I'm dying to try that, but I can't even afford to buy the motor because of wife and 2 boys. That's why I offered the guy to bring his car here. I could help him while I'm at work. I'm unlike other SM's, I get out in the shop and work instead of sit behind the desk like previous SM's. If you would like it, I could email some pics and fax the paperwork to you. You could use it as a raffle item.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
I've already got the turbo. I just want more motor in front of it. :D One of these days......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts