TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know a good place to look for headers and exhaust systems for a 97 3.8l v6 tbird?

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
yeah, under your hood. you already have headers. for exhaust, get some high flow cats and replace the middle resonator with a muffler of your choice, and run pipes out the back.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but as for the headers i was talking about aftermarkets that might give more power.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
theres a 6-700 dollar set out there made for tbirds. then you have long tubes which give us a nice torque gain, but then you have to modify the steering shaft to clear them :(

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
From what I've heard, if you port out what you've got now, it will handle decent amounts of power. IIRC, Thomas ports them out and all that good stuff for a pretty reasonable price. I think short of the kooks that are offered there, your options are next to none unless you're wanting to deal with the steering shaft.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
lowthunder said:
they got short headers for 3.8l v6 in mustangs and fast fords i seen them in there and there where like 280 i think
yup, that's not a bad price for headers, but as stated above you have to deal with the steering shaft issue to run 'em. for aftermarket exhaust just take it to a muffler shop and have them hook up a custom bent exhaust, it'll prolly be about three bills for the exhaust, could be more or less depending where you go.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
255rwhp on stock 96-97' headers and they showed NO signs off holding me back, should be all you will ever need for an N/A engine setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts