TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

well i know the pics suck but digi cam at my girlfriends house so this cheezy webcam will have to do..yes the headlights looks dark cuz i painted them :D

man they looooook sooooooooooo evil right now

anyways i had a couple of questions before i go on..
-Are the headlight bulb retainer locks REQUIRED?
..everyone i talk to locally who has done the conversion says they used the original retainer locks off thier 95 bird..
-For the hella ff75 lights i believe that they are sooo bright because of the way the housing is designed..if i put silverstar h7 bulbs would they be brighter and have that nice blu-ish tint to them?
...i know how to replace the bulb in the foglight seeing how i did the same for my piaa foglights..

seeing how the bumper is gonna be off anyways might as well install both at the same time..also 2/9/05 i should be receiving my HID kit..and its not the blue blue one either!!..lol

-Mike

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
If you are converting to the 96/97 headlight style, you will need 96/97 retainer locks.

Regardless of which year you are installing (95/96/97), you need to use retainer locks.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DAM...then how come people like 94onair and mourningstar use the factory retainer locks?..am i missing something?..where can i get these locks?..do they sell them at the auto store in the help section?..

btw just installed HID headlights and man oh man i cant wait till it gets dark!

-Mike

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Well, what conversion are you doing?

If you are sticking with 95 headlamps, use the 95 locking rings.

If you are converting to 96/97 headlamps, use 96/97 locking rings. You can get them from either Dan Newman or a junkyard.

The 95 locking ring will not work on the 96/97. Tried it myself. Doesn't work.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
porkchop2oo2 said:
...i know how to replace the bulb in the foglight seeing how i did the same for my piaa foglights..

How exactly?

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the same bracket that holds the housing to the bracket you can unscrew it and take the bulb out from the rear..i did the same for my piaa foglights..my *old* piaa foglights were really no name brand foglight housings with aftermarket piaa bulbs..same applies to the ff75..just a little different i believe since its h7 and not h3 like my old piaa's..

-Mike

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

well besides the headlights being a little dirty i think it looks awesome..ive cleaned my headlights before and i think you guys remember the nice results. and yes the retainer locks didnt work BUT the retainer locks that came with my HID kit FITS on the 96+ headlights! YES! the hid retainer locks didnt work on my 95 tho but looks like i dont need them. found out a lot about my car while we were under there. mmhmmm looks like it was in a accident or something. ill post later cuz i got to go to work but o wells..just wanted to let you guys know that it came out great and no i didnt break anything. thanx alex for all the help!

-Mike

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
what kinda paint did u use to paint the wheels? what kinda preping did u do?

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just used ordinary krylon paint. for prepping i scrubbed the crap out of them with a scotch brite pad to make sure it was clean and let it dry. as soon as it was dry i put a couple coats of paint adhesive. brand is bulldog or something but allows paint to stick to it very nicely without sanding. after that i used painters tape and covered up the lip on the rim and used newspaper to cover up the rubber on my tire. then painted them. after a couple of coats of paint i put a couple of coats of clear coat. came out very nicely. looks better in person ESPECIALLY when they are clean :D

-Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts