TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this started life as a precision industries 9.5 inch converter with lock up, was sent to Dirtydog performance and restalled the car has pulled low 1.5x 60fts this would be a great upgrade for supercoupes or any 5.0 car running and aod transmission, the converter is on its way to dogs on monday so the stall can be tweaked if need be basiclly the converter will be shipped directly from the dog so if there is any thing wrong with it will be fixed, converter worked great when removed, im upgrading the to a 4r70w trans that will have the same internals as this tc
asking 360 shipped

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Does it still have lockup?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes madmikey I call it lock up dirtydog cause it direct drive either way it's basiclly locked up in 3rd and 4th gear
Also small changes can be made as it's going to dirtydog and this is a very nice driving converter till you hit it then it's a beast
Robert

·
Registered
620 Posts
what wud it take to turn it into nonlocking c6 style input shaft setup?

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why are u running a different converter setup??

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
The best part about going 31 spline is room for a very thick front cover. Changing a stock shaft unit to 31 spline wastes that benefit.
Alan

·
Registered
620 Posts
The best part about going 31 spline is room for a very thick front cover. Changing a stock shaft unit to 31 spline wastes that benefit.
Alan
so a 31 spline set up is the way to go?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What kinda power u putting thru it is the question my expeirence is under 450 rwhp direct drive is fine as mine is over 500 rwhp easy and and the input shaft lasted 2 years or so

Robert

·
Registered
620 Posts
yea i wud hate to chance breaking the input shaft and have to pull the trans to fix it

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What kinda power we talking here? I have a mid 10 second car and it took the abuse for alotta years, if it's your 12.3 car your talking about I wouldant be worried heck mine was trapping over 128 mph

Robert

·
Registered
620 Posts
when i up the shot ill be at about 500hp,with the 5spd i ran 12.3 with a 1.9ish 60 foot
for what i paid for the aod,t.q.,shifter,driveshaft,flywheel,tranny cooler i couldnt have found a decent stockish aod that wud have held up.when i finish the stroked 351,this aod will hold it too
so are ya saying that this aod setup i have will slow me down?
btw will that t.q. work in a 84 bird 5.0 aod?
mike

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And automatic will eat more horsepower up than the manual teams but it will prolly be faster, I think autos are faster and this tq will work in an 84 aod I removed it from my 86

Robert

·
Registered
620 Posts
havent seen a fast 5spd mn12 car yet.....

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay TTt guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts