TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before we get into the aod vs 4r pissing match, i have a built aod sitting in storage that will be going into the 95. my current 4r has water in it, so its going south.

disregard the eec/wiring issue for now. what has to be done to get the aod to work?

i believe i need to use the aod driveshaft and tranny mount bracket.

i assume i will ditch the 4r throttle/cruise cables and use the aod ones.

how will i get the 4r shifter to work with the aod?

what else am i missing?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Dunno why I was thinking 4.6, on a 3.8 it will bolt on, flexplate is fine too. the important piece of the puzzle is the tv cable parts, just put the 4r extension housing on and use the 4r driveshaft. TV cable is critical, if you get it wrong your aod will become a paperweight quickly.
Alan

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dunno why I was thinking 4.6, on a 3.8 it will bolt on, flexplate is fine too. the important piece of the puzzle is the tv cable parts, just put the 4r extension housing on and use the 4r driveshaft. TV cable is critical, if you get it wrong your aod will become a paperweight quickly.
Alan
same thing as the tailshaft housing? it will bolt onto the aod case? interesting.

how about getting the shifter to function?

·
Super Moderator
7,567 Posts
Or just run a driveshaft for a 89-93 AOD MN12. The engine mounting locations didn't change from 93-94 so if you run the regular length AOD, the stock 89-93 driveshaft will be the right length.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I don't know what you will have to do with the shifter, it may work as is. The driveshaft I would just change the housing, you get better stuff and don't have to buy anything at all.
Alan

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Wouldn't a constant pressure or manual valve body remove the TV issue?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Well then need brackets form a MN-12 (tranny and TB) for the TV and the cable. Assume get them all at pull-a-part. Though they may be a bit hard to come by since Dan(silverfox) doesn't even have them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts