TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure ya'll have heard this time and time again, but i'm not having to much luck finding much help and info. this just started going down the road about 45 mph i give the car a little gas and it just revs up like its in neutral.......any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
check fluid level..

just had this issue tonite... uh.. 4 qts of mercon V sittin in the road cuz a clamp decided to "move"

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
FIRST, check your tv cable! Sorry to yell but that is the first thing to look at with an aod. Make sure the cable is connected
and adjusted correctly (see tech section for adjustment info).

If your fluid level is ok and your tv cable is ok the story takes on a far more ominous turn.
You (or your tranny guy) will have the opportunity to visit the innards of your tranny.
Hope that helps.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
If all other gears work but 4th, your OD band is either burned or not engaging.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Your OD band is gone......sorry, you have VERY few chances of getting it back without cracking the case and putting in a new band and cleaning that servo out. i suggest NOT using OD until you resolve the issue becuase it will contaminate the fluid more and increase heat. The OD band needs to be fixed before other compnents start going also. The OD band is used for more than just OD engament.

I just rebuild an SC tranny that had this EXACT problem. Seems the previous owner rebuilt the tranny and installed a "C" servo instead of "A" or at least a "B" - this lead to the dimise of the OD band and also the TV not being adjusted correctly killed the band also.

SOunds like time for a rebuild.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts