TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i'm 99% sure the answer is no. i have 93 w/same tranny, and we use t.v. cable for adjustments. let me tell you, you can get some nice, firm shifts if you adjust the cable just right!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So how do you adjust it "right?" I've seen conflicting stories/techniques on 2 websites and my Hayne's manual. I'm mainly worried about the way it 'hunts' for the right gear when I'm passing a sloooow driver in front of me. It kinda stays in OD for a sec....then downshifts...hesitates....then feels like it doing it again. Should I be worried?

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i'm not sure on exactly how to do it. i had a tech here at work do it for me, and i now have firm shifts, and higher shift points. send a pm to Mark McCormack. his is adjusted higher than mine, and he totally loves it. he will tell you how exactly to do it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You need to find a tech that is familiar wiith the AOD-the correct procedure is to hook up a pressure gauge to the tranny and set the TV according to the line pressures-any other method of adjustment will result in early failure of the transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts