TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I now have my car working. My next question is about the TV cable adjustment. There is the tech article that says to adjust the TV cable and shows how but there is also the article from Lentech that says that special equipment is required to check line pressure of the transmission and says nothing about the cable itself.

I am a bit lost. I probably have more HP than the tranmission can handle but I do want the trans to last under normal driving conditions. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Well, technically both articles are right. The best way is to check line pressure and adjust via that, but usually if you set the kickdown cable like the tech article states you will find there is adequate pressure.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Before you start, from under the car, move the TV cable to its MAX position and mark it. Now adjust it as the artical says. When done, it should be at the same max spot with the gas pedal on the floor. If not, with high HP apps, it will not have enough pressure under full throttle to handle the power. This may make your shifts a little higher, but will make sure you have full pressure when you need it most.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I may need a little more coaching on this.

I am a visual person so I will need to think about what you are saying before I do it.

Any chance you can create a step by step guide.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have an AOD that has been rebuilt. A C4 is not an option at this point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts