TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in doing this conversion, just wondering who else has done this already. Tips and problems encountered when doing this swap would be appreaciated. Want to use cable , not hydraulic clutch operation. Wondering if parts from mustang can be used. (ie) clutch pedal assembly, tranny mount, clutch cable. Turbo coupes are hard to find for parts where i live.

The car curently has a freshly rebuilt 5.0 HO, ported cast heads, 75mm tb, 76mm mass air meter (did the s/d to mass air conversion when i changed motors), 9AL computer with SCT chip, 24 lbs injectors, adj fuel press reg, E303 cam, MSD 6Al, ported stock intake, smog pump is gone, edlebrock high flow water pump, rest of motor is stock. An AOD (metric) coupled to an 8.8 rearend from a 87 turbo coupe.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
I would recomend www.turbotbird.com many people have done the swap on there birds and they can give you almost more support then us. they are great people to work with. i knowing from owning an 88 tc. give them a try and let us know how it goes

·
Super Moderator
7,663 Posts
Putting the T5 in a fox body bird will be the same as putting it in a fox mustang. It's really pretty easy. Use the mustang pedal and cable. You can use your stock driveshaft, but you have to either swap the yoke, or remove that rubber isolated balancer on the current slip yoke. On the fox body, it's just a matter of drilling a hole for the cable to go through the firewall and getting a 5-speed center console and then everything bolts right in. You won't even need to remove the dash.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did the same swap years ago. I got all my parts from a fox body mustang. The whole should already be there because TCs came with 5spds. As for the console I just added a fox body shifter boot. I did remove the dash to make it easier to install the pedal assembly, but you don't have to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts