TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an aode from my 94 Mustang GT I'm in the process of finishing up rebuilding and there's not pump thrust washer wondering how I determine which one I need? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
206 Posts
trusted washer

The trust washer is located under the pump and is color coded.
You net a depth gauge and gauge bar to determine which color washer
you need

I can give you more specific's on it tonight I did all that before,it takes some ingenuity to get it right

Talk to you later?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi I have an aode from my 94 Mustang GT I'm in the process of finishing up rebuilding and there's not pump thrust washer wondering how I determine which one I need? Thanks in advance!
This is how the trust washers look like:AOD Fiod Aode 4R70W Thrust Washer Kit with Selectives 1980 on 6 Piece Set New | eBay

and this is a depth gauge : Mitutoyo 12" Vernier Dept Gauge 527 This Is inch Excellant L K | eBay

but you can use a caliper too, digital preferable and you need a gauge bar, the ford gauge bar for aod/aode/4r70w is 9.120" x 0.700" x 0.700" ,so here comes the ingenuity handy, try something like 0.75 square steel x 9 1/8" long and substract the 1/2" from it. it will give you a range of which color trust washer to use. If you have questions still just post i will get back with you asap i can. oh just found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-End-Play-Clearance-Gauge-Transmission-Tool-AOD-AOD-E-4R70W-T-1643-/190657469052?hash=item2c64121a7c:m:m1-fKU97lulYluy-aObthhA&vxp=mtr

so long

hoschy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is how the trust washers look like:AOD Fiod Aode 4R70W Thrust Washer Kit with Selectives 1980 on 6 Piece Set New | eBay

and this is a depth gauge : Mitutoyo 12" Vernier Dept Gauge 527 This Is inch Excellant L K | eBay

but you can use a caliper too, digital preferable and you need a gauge bar, the ford gauge bar for aod/aode/4r70w is 9.120" x 0.700" x 0.700" ,so here comes the ingenuity handy, try something like 0.75 square steel x 9 1/8" long and substract the 1/2" from it. it will give you a range of which color trust washer to use. If you have questions still just post i will get back with you asap i can. oh just found this:
Ford End Play CLEARANCE Gauge Transmission Tool AOD AOD E 4R70W T 1643 | eBay

so long

hoschy
Don't have the money for the tools to do it with especially for one time use like that

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Harbor Freight might have a Caliper or Depth Gauge that will work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The man in the rebuild tells how to measure the end play with a feeler gauge I think I"ll be able to figure it out I know this is off the topic I hate to start multiple posts for the same transmission. The man from the videos says to replace the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators and piston no matter what and had a buddy say I need to replace them and the overdrive and reverse servos do I need to replace them all?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
The man in the rebuild tells how to measure the end play with a feeler gauge I think I"ll be able to figure it out I know this is off the topic I hate to start multiple posts for the same transmission. The man from the videos says to replace the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators and piston no matter what and had a buddy say I need to replace them and the overdrive and reverse servos do I need to replace them all?
What man in what video? I need to see that.

D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts