TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a set of bulbs made by APC (american products company). The glass appears rainbow colored (pearlescent). And when lit up to oncomming traffic it appears blue then pinkish orange then back to blue depending on your angle to that car. Im in dire need of them. They were available in 9004,9006,9007

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tried every store online and in town... APC says they discontinued the product several years ago due to federal regulations. I managed to find a pair @ a NAPA in the U.P. in Michigan.. Had so much dust on them I couldnt even read the package. But after 3 years of searching I had found them. But I hit a deer and ruined one.. So I still need 1 more.

]v[orbid]v[onk

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I bought some pedals from them, and didn't they produce the corner light housings? At least some.

I'd doubt you could find any more of those, maybe eBay. But you can buy some Silverstars on eBay for under $30 shipped for a pair, brand new. Someone suggested this guy, and I told someone else, and they were happy with him:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZronQ5fsorrells

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
there is a pretty god chance none of us will have what you want. most us refuse to buy anything APC.
i find it so odd that all the ricers have this stuff and the company name is american parts company lol

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
93pimpin said:
I bought some pedals from them, and didn't they produce the corner light housings? At least some.

I'd doubt you could find any more of those, maybe eBay. But you can buy some Silverstars on eBay for under $30 shipped for a pair, brand new. Someone suggested this guy, and I told someone else, and they were happy with him:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZronQ5fsorrells
I suggested him :D Now I just gotta figure out if he can beat the costco price of mach3 razors lol
trife86 said:
i find it so odd that all the ricers have this stuff and the company name is american parts company lol
APC also stands for All Plastic Crap, perfect ricer mentality

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
APC, <b>A</b>nother <b>P</b>iece of <b>C</b>rap

I have their shift boot, it ripped within 6 months...

Maybe they should become RPC, Ricer Products Company.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ya i never really did like APC either. but when i saw these coming at me one day i was hooked. funny thing is i never hunted until the day a deer totalled my car @ 15 mph. **** luck. Spent 4 years looking for those suckers. Damn deer. Ill have posted picture of the bulb for reference as soon as i get back from georgia..

Update - Lol I meant 4 years looking for the lights not the deer.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Go with the silverstars. I have had so many of those cheap blue bulbs its sad. 1st set I had one burnt out in less than 6 months. 2nd set tried a different brand one burnt out in less than 6 months. 3rd set I though everything was great until I tried to use my brights. Both of the highbeams burnt out at the same time. Not only costly, but dangerous when ever your going down a coutry road with crappy low beams and no high beams. In other words save money, save your car....BUY SILVERSTARS. They are great I wish I would have gotten them along time ago.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok actually i found them @ PepBoys..... called Blue Two Tone.....by American Auto Accessories.... $33. Theyre even better than the one i used to have. Ill post some pics of the bulbs lit up. and one of the bulb itself....Wont be till after work though...

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
a few ways. you need to have the pics hosted on a website that allows outside posting....such as photobucket or oneclickpix.com. Most of us are members, so we post thee pics from our tccoa members webspace bill gives us that is included in our annual membership......

or you can email me at [email protected] and ill post them for you.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I use www.supermotors.org and I can even host video and audio with file sizes up to 40MB each. It's free, so you could also do that if you want your own account. Once you've uploaded your pictures, click on the thumnail picture, and you'll get a larger one. If your picture is larger than that one, you can click again and get the actual size of the picture. Right click and go to properties, copy the URL of the picture (in FireFox just right click and select "copy image location") and then type in [img ]http:/www.yourpicturehost.com/yourpicture[/ img] (without the spaces, of course) and you'll be posting pictures in no time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts