TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at SEMA and APC had very few new parts on display. A friend at the show told me APC has been hit very hard financially due to the "THE LENSES AND BULBS DO NOT COMPLY WITH FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, "LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT." THE UNITS DO NOT CONTAIN THE COMPREHENSIVE SET OF LAMPS AND REFLECTIVE DEVICES."

APC did not want to comment on the situation at the show but I do not believe they have any replacement clear corners for this recall.

Since these corner turn signal covers are not DOT approved if you were to get into an accident and if the person or police wanted to sue or press charges against you they could have a case. For example: The NON DOT approved corner lenses prevented the other driver from seeing your intention of turning and this resulted in a crash.

Here is a link to more info.

APC Recall 403044CL

I have a set and they look great. Here is a link to more pictures of the clear corner lenses by APC.

APC Clear Corner 403044CL

Rich

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
so who do i have to call to get replacement clear corners?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm confused is it all the exterior lighting?

Consequence:
WITHOUT THE REFLECTIVE DEVICES REQUIRED UNDER FMVSS NO. 108 IN THE TAILLAMP ASSEMBLY, THE MOTORIST MAY NOT BE CLEARLY VISIBLE TO OTHER MOTORISTS, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A VEHICLE CRASH.
or just their taillights? and they don't give years...is this also including 89-95 corner lenses if so?

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
The set of 96/7's I have are supposedly made by Matrix. Am I right in thinking that APC makes/owns Matrix too?

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
If I woulda saved the boxes from mine i would know if they are from apc or not, when i was buying them on e-bay i just looked at what was the cheapest and thats it. Although i trust myself that i didnt buy something from APC, so i think im ok :)

Do you really think somebody would say somthin about the lenses if you were to be involved in an accident? well you never know these days i guess.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
AlpineBird said:
If I woulda saved the boxes from mine i would know if they are from apc or not, when i was buying them on e-bay i just looked at what was the cheapest and thats it. Although i trust myself that i didnt buy something from APC, so i think im ok :)

Do you really think somebody would say somthin about the lenses if you were to be involved in an accident? well you never know these days i guess.
i prolly would if a kid in a riced out civic with clear altezzas runs his car into mine.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
chorizon said:
i prolly would if a kid in a riced out civic with clear altezzas runs his car into mine.
*runs out to buy a civic and throw altezzas on it*

errrr... I mean.... hahaha :uppoint:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
thats why i use silverstar corning bulbs perferctly legal.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
i do too, but the recall is on the lens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts