TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started having some problems with my laptop. My flash drive always shows up when I plug it in as drive E:. however, now there is a DVD drive showing up there, and my flash drive won't show up. So my laptop is showing my DVD+RW drive (drive d) and a DVD drive (drive e). Is there something I can do to get rid of that? Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

This is my setup:
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/TSC/laptops/orientation/tutorial/laptop_hardware/

I have upgraded to SP2.

·
8,239 Posts
sounds like you have a virtual drive program running.

I know that nero has one out there, and you might have enabled.

I use daemon tools for virtual image mounting, but since you don't know about virtual drives, then you wouldn't have downloaded that one.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ACtually, I have daemon tools on my computer that I downloaded for a computer program I got from a friend. Could that be causing the problems?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes, daemon tools is a virtual cd/dvd drive program used to mount iso images to use cd's without burning them. Therefore it sets up a drive in my computer just like a normal cd/dvd drive.

Using windows xp you need to go into your computer management.

Right click on my computer, select manage. Go to disk management. Right click on the E: drive which is the daemon tools drive and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths".

It will bring up a dialog where you can change the letter. Pick f: or whatever the next unused letter is.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't had my computer today. I'm going to go upstairs and try that as soon as I get done with some online stuff (no internet in my room)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
If you want to disable the image drive, go to the control panel and click on 'Nero Image Drive' and hit disable first drive.

DONE

It's a fake SCSI CD-Rom drive...

- Pelezo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts