TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What controls the auto ride control system in the Super Coupes? Is it seperate from the rest of the engine wiring harness? I'm dropping a 4.6 in there, out of the same year btw, and still want to take full advantage of the ARC

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,326 Posts
Its all stand alone, the controller and relays are in the package tray and the majority of the wiring is part of what is the EVO harness in LX's. The only circuit I'm not sure about would be the acceleration input, I seem to recall the pcm having an output to the shock module, but I'll have to dig out my EVTM to be sure

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK so if the system is pretty much stand alone, is it all pretty much plug and play or what, will I have to modify anythig or not?

·
5,650 Posts
If you are putting the 4.6L into your SC, then there's not really anything to plug and play. It's already all there. I'm not sure what you would do in terms of the necessary PCM output to the ARC module, but the system will still work without it. The other thing you'll have to make sure you do is have the EVO solenoid on the 4.6L's power steering pump go the ARC module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts