1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I'm not sure why you think this ad propagates the idea that a ghetto cruiser Cougar is in fact a ghetto cruiser. After all, you could argue that the reason this officer had to bust the window was because the poor old man in the front seat was having a coronary :)

---
It's interesting to see that police equipment suppliers have adapted to what hoodlums have known for years. Ceramic bits, like spark plugs, can bust car windows.

This technique is interesting though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzXCCanbxuA

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure why you think this ad propagates the idea that a ghetto cruiser Cougar is in fact a ghetto cruiser. After all, you could argue that the reason this officer had to bust the window was because the poor old man in the front seat was having a coronary :)

---
It's interesting to see that police equipment suppliers have adapted to what hoodlums have known for years. Ceramic bits, like spark plugs, can bust car windows.

This technique is interesting though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzXCCanbxuA
I forgot about the other stereotype of it being an old person car!

But the officer would probably be causing a more significant coronary event if he's doing that to the driver's window with force like that.

Neat video you posted.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,265 Posts
any pointed metal object can break auto glass

And the video was a set up.

Also my rocket isn't getto, it's pimp.

<-----

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Nah, I don't think so...but any car once old and cheap enough can become a ghetto cruiser...some cars, in my opinion and memory, where ALWAYS ghetto...like the 80s full size Oldsmobile Cutlass (two door) I thought those cars where ghetto before I knew the word for it, and before I understood the concept...

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Cutlass was midsize, you sure you're not thinking of the 77+ B body Delta 88s? If so I agree those were really ghetto they always had a shady look to them, and they were all over Racine WI when I was a kid, 'nuff said.
Those as well...actually ALL the B bodies (I had an 89 caprice at one point) they're terrible.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Depends on how it is made to look by the owner, any car can fit that criteria, GM cars and trucks seem to be the prime choice for people living in the ghetto or hood. Relatively cheap and simple and people with ample skill level can do work and maitnance and if not most shop's don't charge much to work on them. Makes it a good choice for people like that and there's lots of them available too, GM usually outsells their competition. I don't know many hood people that prefer a Cougar or T Bird, Caprices, Impalas and suburbans can contrast with huge rims and house 15's in the trunk with room to spare. The crown vic. and Marquis are the next ideal choice, but most wouldn't mind substituting a front wheel Monte Carlo with a T Bird or Cougar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts