TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
The 2V roots blowers (AED/Tork Tech/Saleen/SVO/Roush/ect...) have the alternator mounted in the same place as stock, only they may be flipped around on the stock block mounts(AED, TorkTech) or set at an angle with a custom bracket to clear the blower snout.
Perhaps I can run 2 alts face to face in the stock location or just add a second where the drivers side coil is located. Will they work fine rotating backwards?
I can fabricate my own brackets.

Here is a 4G alt reverse mounted.

And here is a 3G alt.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I can't wait to be stuck at a red light next to this guy being forced to hear music I don't want to hear louder and louder each day as his hearing dies just a little more.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I can't wait to be stuck at a red light next to this guy being forced to hear music I don't want to hear louder and louder each day as his hearing dies just a little more.
Why so quick to judge? Winger rocks man!

I was also thinking dual alternators would be great for two seperate battery systems. I could keep the stock 130 and battery under the hood and then add a 200+ amp alternator to power multiple batteries in back. Since it doesn't have to power the car, all 200+ amps will go to the sound system. Keeping them isolated has many advantages.

·
Registered
197 Posts
He He I @ 42.5 yrs old just put together a stereo system than costs more than my Bird did.I want to be able to retaliate with the 80's rock of my choice @ will.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Electric

Hello

I can think of 2 ideas.
Relocate the Power steer pump to the rear pinion, Like on race cars.

Or custom set-up with an electric motor powering your 200+ alt
You can place anywere in the car. Maybe close to your rear batteries.

Also for more power go with an old school alt. you can get an adjustable external regulator. These alts can put out almost 16V if hot wired at the reg.

:zdunno:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hello

I can think of 2 ideas.
Relocate the Power steer pump to the rear pinion, Like on race cars.

Or custom set-up with an electric motor powering your 200+ alt
You can place anywere in the car. Maybe close to your rear batteries.

Also for more power go with an old school alt. you can get an adjustable external regulator. These alts can put out almost 16V if hot wired at the reg.

:zdunno:
Wouldn't adding a Mark 8 alt like in the picture I posted be much simpler?
I can make a bracket and get a longer belt. I just need some info on how it's already been done by the supercharged guys.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.