TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
all they come with is a 4.0 as with the explorer sport. I see no reason why ford couldnt have continued putting 5.0 V8s in the explorer sport and the sport trac as they are the same platform as the first gen four door explorers/and rangers...why there is no V8 ranger, I dont know.

·
8,239 Posts
they are good if you don't tow anything, and don't carry much except people and groceries. The bed in them really isn't big enough to carry anything. My buddy has one and the only thing he tows with it is him and his girlfriend around town. They are boarderline on a yuppie ride.

JH

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I dont think they sell very well though, you dont seem to see many around. and IMO they're overpriced. I wouldnt mind one though, but I'd rather have an FX4 level 2 ranger. but while I"m at that I'd rather have an extended cab 5.4 4x4 F150

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Actually I was looking at a new one the other night, they offer a monotone color option, and they're pretty sweet.

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Yeah, the XLT package for 2004 includes monotone paint and it looks nicer than the gray lower rocker panels.

I have to sell them and I am amazed at the number of people who actually buy them. They are fun to scoot around in, but mainly for looks...and people who can't afford a regular Explorer. Not much mark-up in them either :(

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
imo, they suck they arent a truck. we dont see many come thru our shop with any issues though. if you plan on hauling anything get an f150 or bigger, imo rangers are useless too! but i haul cars and parts, engines and trailers , boats etc in my off times so thats way i dont like trucks like that. full size can just flat out haul more and are more comfy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My brother has one, but I'm not sure how they are under normal conditions. He has wrecked it 4 times, and put 77,000 miles on it in a year and a half. :eek:

I have basicaly had to replace every sensor for him in it at liest twice. Stupid 4.0

It looks cool though. It's that Manderan Gold Metalic color (metalic orange), and he's added a set of 19" lexani rims.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
JustinH said:
they are good if you don't tow anything, and don't carry much except people and groceries. The bed in them really isn't big enough to carry anything. JH
Hmm, my dad has managed to fit 12 ft. vinyl soffit (sp?) in his. Just put the rear window down, run it up into the cab, and put the bed extender down. This is of course with protection on the leather. Honestly, for a 4.0 automatic (he wanted a 5 speed), and it's size, it has a good bit of power and "get up and go".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts