TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of 97 "sport" wheels, three are really good, one has curb rash. all four have center caps. I've so far had one offer of 40 dollars for the wheels and the caps. From the email, I got the feeling the guy thought he was being generous by offering 40 dollars. Is that really all they are worth?

·
Registered
799 Posts
no there worth more than that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the guy said that he checked the price of scrap and that the wheels would only get me 32 dollars from a recycler. so I guess his offer of 40 was supposed to make me feel better, I guess center caps are only worth 2 dollars a piece :p

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
out of curiosity, just checked with the recycling center.... I'd get 38 bucks out of them... so that means, if I took that deal, I'd make a WHOPPING 2 dollars for all four center caps, LOL

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I would have bought them if you were closer.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
The issue is shipping costs. The set of wheels are probably worth about $100, but shipping alone would cost almost that much, so unless you find someone local who wants them, you are going to have a hard time unloading them. If you have some room, it might be worth putting them on the side somewhere, and eventually someone nearby might want a set. Otherwise, if you don't want them on your car, and you have nowhere to keep them, then take what you can get for them, or maybe try putting them up on ebay.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The issue is shipping costs. The set of wheels are probably worth about $100, but shipping alone would cost almost that much, so unless you find someone local who wants them, you are going to have a hard time unloading them. If you have some room, it might be worth putting them on the side somewhere, and eventually someone nearby might want a set. Otherwise, if you don't want them on your car, and you have nowhere to keep them, then take what you can get for them, or maybe try putting them up on ebay.
yeah shipping would be outrageous. the guy lived a couple hours away, and said that it would cost him 30 in gas. so he'd have a 70 dollar investment, at least HE would be getting a good deal :p

·
Registered
663 Posts
Personally I would weld up four four-legged frames with a front hub/wheel bearing on top, bolt the rims to the hubs, cut out a 15" diameter circular piece of plywood and some thick carpet padding just a tad bit bigger around than that, then take some vinyl and wrap it around the ply wood and padding, smooth it out and staple it on there good, set that into the top of the rim and violá! You've got some pretty sweet barstools.

But that's just my opinion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts