TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a truly bolt-on setup. I can't seem to find a reliable, fair priced, exhaust shop to do any custom work for me. I'm not willing to spend a fortune.

Would the difference between the stock manifolds and the JBA headers be worth it? I would also be adding the magnaflow high-flow cat setup and already have the dynomax cat-back and a magnaflow 4" round tube muffler in place of the resonator.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Since stock manifolds flow better than the JBA's your only real option is $700 midlength Kooks or have your manifolds ported.

·
Registered
202 Posts
there is a guy that can holow out your stock haders for you if you contact Robert P he knows the guy Robert has a set on his car and he is runnin high 11s! they are not that expensive eather.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Are you talking about Preston @ braincoating? People have said great things about how braincoat reworks those manifolds. I'm interested in a set. Always sideways 97 I lived in Carol Stream for a year. Hows the area? Is 64 still 5 oh central. I worked in the Charlestown Mall is that place shut down yet lol?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
yep briancoating is the one. yea 64 is still cops up and down all day long. charlestown mall is still around thay gave it a face lift but it never seems to busy but i haveint been in there for a coupple years. man you moved to the right place winter is bad here this year dont ever come back if its winter lol.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Could you please elaborate? I have JBA's shorties on my car, and I still have the stock manifolds as well...and if what you say is true, I will sell those JBAs and save for some Kooks.
For the life of me I cannot find any of the threads that I read that in but I am 110% sure that I read it and it was backed up by several others. Maybe someone else can chime in and help me out.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
tinman you arent crazy I read the same thing a while ago. Made me wonder why anyone would bother spending that kind of effort and money over such a marginal gain if not loss on shorties. Braincoated manifolds are the best thing in the price class.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts