TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I'd recommend them !!

When I"m going to a track event, I'll have a complete set of wheels & tires in the car, along with a trolley jack, tool box, spare brake parts, etc. The Airlift bags do a great job of keeping the fender lips off the wide tires.

cheers,
Ed N.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Just make sure that they are not connected together on our cars. With IRS, if you connect them it will hurt corning. When connected, they will equalize the pressure on both sides. When car is turning left, the right side would get compressed, trying to raise its pressure. Some air would transfer to the other side, and cause even more lean.

They work great on the strip also. This allows you to load the right rear more, to help the car launch straight, and reduce wheel hop.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Alright, I think I am going to do these soon.... How hard is the install (hours/complexity) and do you need to buy anything extra besides what comes wit them?

Where is the best place to get them?

Thanks Alot

Dave

EDIT: I found some - Are these the correct ones?
Summitt Racing Part Number AIR-60776 for 68.99

So all I need to know is, do I have to buy anything else to install these or have the install perfect and easy access to the valve.

Thanks

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
The hardest part about the install is drilling a hole in each lower control arm. All in all, it's a pretty simple install.

Kit # 60789 is for 89-91, kit # 60776 is for 92-97. Summit sells them. The kit should have everything necessary to install them correctly.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
That should work just fine, but for the money, why not just fill them up when necessary with a shop air compressor? As long as you don't have a leak, you shouldn't have to fill them up often at all. I have to top mine off once every two months or so.

-Rod

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
really... lowered 1 inch. how much rise we talking?

·
6,253 Posts
Rod :D

·
6,253 Posts
you asked about height.. i too am curious since i am dropped a bit

red sox fever still affecting you?? :D j/k

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Dave,

Since this is my daily driver, I don't take it to the track too often. Plus, it is so easy to change the pressure in the bags. I mounted the valves in the spare tire well in the trunk, so that they are easy to access but still hidden.

My car is lowered 1" with the Vogtland springs. The difference between 5 psi in the bags (minimum recommended pressure) to 42 psi in the bags is about 1/2" in the rear. I run 42 psi in the bags simply because I wasn't happy with the "mushiness" of the rear Vogtland springs, so the air bags help firm it up.

I received your PM. It will take me a little bit to get the part numbers together for you, I have to look them all up online.

-Rod

1 - 16 of 16 Posts