TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from emissions. BTW i live in Illinois. And I had the 3rd cat removed and wondered how I would do on the emissions test. Well I get there they pull the car in on the "dyno" (whatever you want to call it). Then they pluged something into the computer. then unpluged it and pulled my car forward. I was like oh ****, something is wrong. Then the guy calls me out and said i passed. So I asked why didn't he put it on the machine and he told me that they for 96-newer car have OBD-II and all they do it check that.

So my idea now is to remove all the cats. Would this make the car really load? cause more rotting in the exhaust pipes? Smell really bad? Cuz to pass this test all I need to do is get MIL-eliminators so the check engine light isn't on and I will pass.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Smelly? no. you can usually smell raw gas out of a car without cats.

you would need MIL eliminastors, or a Inject-tech tuner can turn off this function in the EEC.

It won't effect a/f ratio because the first set do that, the second set make sure the first two cats are working.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Thundercat said:
No Real problems unless you live in Cali then you are screwed! LOL ;)
that's when you open up the cats, put in pipe instead of the convertor material, and give the tester a "mr. jackson"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts