TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for the horn in my Tbird for quite some time, then I read in a post that there were two of them on each side of the front of the car and I ran into these two boxy black pieces wired up.
Is this horn in the Tbird?

I am trying to get them back to work since the airbags deployed and I know I have to do some work on the steering to get them back on service but I wanted to know where the horns are located.

I removed the driver's side airbag but i did not see any clockspring, do I have to remove the whole steering wheel to see it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sensors? man.. I finally thought I had found them.. :(
What kind of shape are they? I have gotten under the car and can't see anything that may look like the horn. This car was repaired then I bought it, I am afraid that when it was repaired the horns were not put back in the car and that is why I dont see them.

I'll take a look under the car once again.
Are the horns at least somehow at the same level where those sensors are but in a lower part of the car hidden?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
lower and a little more hidden, go under the car and face up, looking towards the front of the car, they look like black conque shells. not really big, if they aren't there, you should have atleast wires hanging there that have clips attached to them.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
MIC_LX said:
Sensors? man.. I finally thought I had found them.. :(
What in the world made you think they look like they make any noise at all let alone that they could be loud enough to be car horns?

They are the airbag deployment sensors.

A horn is usually shaped like a "horn". Like was said above they are rolled into sort of a circular conque shape like most car horns are...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Southpaw said:
What in the world made you think they look like they make any noise at all let alone that they could be loud enough to be car horns?

They are the airbag deployment sensors.

I really dont know! haha.. well I guessed that since from what I've read that one horn was in the passenger side and the other one in the opposite I thought they were the horns. Well at least I found the sensors I have to replace if I want the airbag system to work again.

Nativedetroiter said:
lower and a little more hidden, go under the car and face up, looking towards the front of the car, they look like black conque shells. not really big, if they aren't there, you should have atleast wires hanging there that have clips attached to them.
Thanks for the directions, I'll get under the car and look for the horn once again. If they are that hidden then I really dont think they got damaged when the car was hit since the airbag sensors are still in place.

·
RWD is for Men!!
236 Posts
and they sound oh so ghey...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if I found out that the car has no horn, I will get one used one from an F150. should sound good enough on the Tbird.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
yall are making this a helluva lot harder that it should be......middle of the bumper....8mm nut, blade type harness on both. Should have FIAM on it...at least the ones i took off of a 97 bird did.

·
The Parts Guy
7,297 Posts
Yep, and on the 89-93's the horns are right behind the bumper on the driverside.

-Rod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts