TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
25th Tennessee

Were right in the middle...but on the interstates around here there are some really horribal drivers. then again i also see atleast 10 cars going 50 or below on the interstate while i'm on them....so go figure

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
saint said:
I can't believe Michigan is ranked as high as it is.... maybe the rural areas offset Metro Detroit.
Tell me about it... Sometimes I think that Detroit drivers are actively trying to cause accidents. They're good at it, too. :eek:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
When driving through NJ I ALWAYS have both hands on the wheel. Right thumb is on the horn. Left index is on the high beams. I only use both when a car is drifting into my lane or tries to jump in failing to check if I'm even there first. I end up having to use both the beams and the horn at least once on my way through the state. Is it that hard to stay in lane?

Jim

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
...while Rhode Island ranked lowest with an overall average score of 77 percent.
Woohoo! Rhode Island born and bred! We kick @ss!

94t-birdlx, where you at? :D

·
Registered
744 Posts
ahhhhhh new jersey (47th) ~ the land of jughandles and circles!

i'll agree that northest drivers, no matter what plates are on their car have poor driving skills. and i'm willing to bet this has a lot to do with poor education, and 'easy' driving tests. I wish that having the ability to drive a car was a 'true privelage (SP?)' rather then a necessity in this country. i'd like to hear about a study where american driver's have to pass a european driving test--that would be interesting. (not to say europeans are better drivers, but have a much more difficult time getting a liceanse)

·
Super Moderator
7,564 Posts
I'm gonna have to disagree with this study. I never drove in Oregon and I have limited driving experience in Rhode Island. But I was raised in New Jersey and learned how to drive there, and now I am living in North Carolina, and I would rather drive 100 miles in Jersey than 5 miles down here. People who aren't from the northeast don't seem to understand the traffic flow in NJ, but for me, it's completely natural. People change lanes frequently in order to get to their destination quicker. Also in NJ everybody understands that the guy behind him has places to be and if he is driving faster than you are, you move out of his way. That simply doesn't happen here. In NJ, if you wait at a light for more than half a second after it turns green, it's because the guy in front of you is having car trouble. In fact, most of the time people have a rolling start going before the light even turns green because they know it is about to turn green. Down here people will wait a good 2-3 seconds after the light turns green before they take their foot off the brake, then they'll go about 7mph through the intersection! I'm sorry, but I'll take an understanding that everybody's in a rush over thinking that no one is. I miss driving in Jersey.

Ok, sorry, I'm finished ranting now.

Mike

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i was expecting MA to be close to the bottom and second to last is where we're listed. people here either cant drive because they're idiots or they are on cell phones. everyone else here just drives like mad men and women especially in boston. i'm used to it now though since i've never driven anywhere except the northeast. i have to admit, i drive like a bit of a mad man when i'm stuck behind ****ty drivers or drivers on cell phones. i dont have pacience for retards behind the wheel.

Frank

·
Registered
493 Posts
#38 here, and thank GOD Jersey and New York are lower than PA. That just proves my long-known point.

·
Registered
493 Posts
MadMikeyL said:
I'm gonna have to disagree with this study. I never drove in Oregon and I have limited driving experience in Rhode Island. But I was raised in New Jersey and learned how to drive there, and now I am living in North Carolina, and I would rather drive 100 miles in Jersey than 5 miles down here. People who aren't from the northeast don't seem to understand the traffic flow in NJ, but for me, it's completely natural. People change lanes frequently in order to get to their destination quicker. Also in NJ everybody understands that the guy behind him has places to be and if he is driving faster than you are, you move out of his way. That simply doesn't happen here. In NJ, if you wait at a light for more than half a second after it turns green, it's because the guy in front of you is having car trouble. In fact, most of the time people have a rolling start going before the light even turns green because they know it is about to turn green. Down here people will wait a good 2-3 seconds after the light turns green before they take their foot off the brake, then they'll go about 7mph through the intersection! I'm sorry, but I'll take an understanding that everybody's in a rush over thinking that no one is. I miss driving in Jersey.

Ok, sorry, I'm finished ranting now.

Mike
Last I checked, you aren't to cross that white line until the light is green.

And yeah, NC drivers aren't that great. I remember going down there earlier this year when there was a snowstorm, and everyone looked at me like I was crazy because I was going faster than 10MPH. I ended up ditching my car once, but made it back out.... 6 other people tried to stop and help, 5 ended up in the ditch.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
#32 here and dam proud of it.....:D

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
40th . . . I blame Chicago ;) Seriously though, I think most of the driver's here in downstate are relatively safe. Indiana (specifically Terre Haute) is one wicked place to drive.

and the quote of the whole artcile:
Younger drivers (18-24 years old) are most likely to speed; older drivers (65+) are least likely.
Ya think?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts